Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July! Thornton 2008

Jake and I started a new family tradition last year with the 4th of July celebrations, every year we go to a new city in the metro area for their fireworks show. This year we went to Thornton for their celebration and it was fantastic. They started at 6pm with vendors selling (my favorite) fair food, along with glow in the dark jewelry. Around 7:30 they had an F-16 fly over which was amazing, Giuli kept yelling "again, again!" Right after that they had the Longmont Symphony playing American marches and Phantom of the Opera which was wonderful and the kids really got into it. When it got dark they had a patriotic parachute jump, which was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and I am going to load the video when I am done with this post, and they kicked off the fireworks. We had so many great invitations this year for parties but the truth is that Jake felt pretty horrible all day and barely felt up to the show. He sat in his fold up chair almost the whole time while the kids and I ventured out a bit. We still had a great time though and it's going to be hard not to go back next year.






No comments: