Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Quote from An Email Signature

This quote really touched my heart.

"I get out of bed each morning so that I can do everything I did the day before. I wash the dishes so they can be dirtied again, I iron the clothes so they can be worn and wrinkled again, I wipe noses so they can run again, I pick up toys so they can be played with again, I mop the floor so mud can be tracked on it again, I cook meals so that I can go to the grocery store again, I make beds so they can be slept in again. Some days I wonder: if I do all I do, only to have it undone, am I really doing anything? I realize that all of the mundane, repetitive days were actually full of significant, enduring work. A home (is) being built. A family (is) being knit together. (Two) souls (are) being shaped for eternity." Carolyn Mahaney

Thanks Allison.

2 comments:

Hanson Crew said...

I just love Carolyn Mahaney and her blog she does with her daughters - you should check it out sometime: http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/

A said...

you're welcome. the blog is awesome...you should definitely check it out!!! hope you are doing wonderfully!